LETTER TO FAHMI FADZIL (1)


Dear YB Mr. Fahmi,

I have just heard your  interview over BFM and I was rather impressed by your friendly attitude. That is the reason as to why I am writing to you right now.

First of all, allow me to introduce myself to you. I am a blind individual in my late 60's and a veteran singer/guitarist by profession. I started my singing career when I participated on bakat TV, the very first TV talent contest screened by RTM  which was held in 1971.

However, for many years now I have had no support from the former regime and as such I have to resort to busking for my survival. Thankfully I do get some private engagements from time to time. For your info, I am busking at  Avenue K which  is at the KLCC LRT station on Thursdays from 5 to 7 pm. Do feel free to catch me performing if you can spare the time. My forte is singing the songs of the 50's right through to the 70's and I cover songs by Elvis Presley, cliff Richard, Ricky nelson and johnny tillitson to name just a few.

Mr. Fahmi, I wish to inform you that after pleading with the previous government for a job as a DJ with RTM, I finally got it but there was a hidden agenda not to keep me there for long. After working there for about 6 months I was relieved from the job but due to my determination to get back the job I wrote several letters to the then information minister namely, Khalil Yaakob and other VIPs for assistance but all pleas fell on deaf ears.

Mr. Fahmi , my actual purpose in writing to you is to request to have an appointment with you so that I can tell you more about the problems faced by the disabled community. There is actually a senator who is supposed to represent the disabled community but unfortunately our plight has not improved whatsoever.

Finally, Mr. Fahmi , I wish to inform you that I have been a great supporter of the opposition alliance and it may interest you to learn that I had posted numerous comments on free Malaysia today urging readers to vote in a new government and thank god we have achieved our dreams.

It may also interest you to learn that I have written on several occasions to PKR but have not received a single reply. I certainly hope that you won't disappoint me this time.

The latest letter that I wrote to PKR was to offer my services to honour the home coming of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim by giving him a small concert as I understand that he is a huge fan of the golden oldies.

Unfortunately, up till now I have not received a single reply from your party.

Mr. Fahmi, for your info, I have uploaded more than 200 clips onto YouTube. If you wish to view them, please go to YouTube and type in my channel which is alfredho1111

To get to know me better please visit my blog at//
http://alfredhomusic.blogspot.com

Looking forward to your early reply and thanking you in anticipation.

regards,
Alfred ho


No response from recipient

No comments: