PANASONIC TRIBUNAL LETTER

Dear Sir/Madam,

This document is to state that I have filed a case against Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd on 2nd Jan 2014 at the Consumers Tribunal (Case No : TTPM-WP(8)-2014) as a grave injustice has been inflicted upon me by agents of the above said company. I wish specificaly to bring 3 of their agents namely Mohd Ali (technician), Mr Kantha Palani (Service Manager) & Ms Chow Kah Wyn (Marketing Manager) to answer charges of negligence & for their discriminatory attitude towards me. I would like to state that I have tried all other avenues to settle the matter at hand, such as, by contacting the top management & even speaking to the secretary (Ms Jasmine) of the managing director (Mr Yosuke Matsunaga) but without success. I had even tried to contact the assistant managing director (Mr Chee Chung Cheng) of the company on several occasions but was always told by the receptionist that he was on leave.

I'm a blind individual & a singer/guitarist by profession. About a month ago I took the air pot pump of my thermal pot to be repaired at the Panasonic Malaysia service centre located in Section 13 Petaling Jaya. It must be explained here that I took the water pump minus the thermal pot as the latter mentioned was in working order. However, when the technician found that I had only brought the air pot pump without bringing the thermal pot, he refused to entertain my request to have the water pump repaired & insisted that should I want the air pot pump to be repaired, I must bring in the thermal pot as well. Then on Friday 6th Dec 2013, I brought the water pump together with the thermal pot which was in perfect working order to have the air pot pump repaired. However, due to his negligence the technician involved with the repairs going by the name of Mohd Ali damaged some essential parts in my thermal pot & as such the thermal pot is no longer functioning. As a result of this the technician (Mohd Ali) & service centre manager (Mr Kantha Palani) tried to pin the blame on me for damaging the parts in the thermal pot but of course, I stood my ground by denying their accusations. Then on Monday 9th Dec 2013, I contacted the marketing manager (Ms Chow Kah Wyn) of the above mentioned product for assistance, where she refused to hear my side of the story but rather believe the pack of lies told by the technician & manager of the service centre and she refused my request for the situation to be rectified i.e. to have the damaged parts replaced without me having to bear the cost of repairs as it was due to no fault of mine. I would like it to be known that a representative going by the name of Saiful from Pejabat Perdagangan Dalam Negeri Koperasi Dan Kepenggunaan Cawangan Petaling Jaya tried to mediate in the matter but nothing was forthcoming, thus leaving me no choice but to utilize the services of the small claims tribunal.

The three respondents from Panasonic Malaysia which I wish to bring to the small claims court are as follows

Technician ( Mohd Ali ) (03 - 79537600)
Service Manager ( Mr Kantha Palani ) (03 - 79537600)
Marketing Manager ( Ms Chow Kah Wyn ) (03 - 78097888)

Panasonic Malaysia Sdn Bhd,
Lot 10, Jalan 13/2,
46200 Petaling Jaya
Selangor

Finally, from my point of view, a just settlement would be that Panasonic Malaysia make repairs on the thermal pot without me having to bear the cost & in addition I wish to make a claim of RM600 to cover taxi fares, inconvenience caused & other miscellaneous expenditure that I have incurred. I look forward to a just conclusion with regards to the matter at hand.


Yours Faithfully,

Alfred Ho

No comments: